IDT Energy suggests watching this video and learning some easy ways to save energy during the hot months of summer.
6 JunElectricity, IDT Energy, savings by admin |
It is no secret that there are many good reasons to conserve on the resources which we use. IDT Energy acknowledges that for many people saving money on their monthly expenses has become a priority, and a great place to begin that savings campaign is right inside our own homes.
- Remember to turn them off whenever you step out of the room.
- Switch to compact fluorescent light bulbs, CFLs, especially in the most frequently used lamps.
- Use natural light whenever possible.
- Turn the thermostat down on the hot water heater. There is no need to get scalded when you open the hot water faucet, and lowering the thermostat also makes taking a bath safer, especially if you have children in the house.
- Buy low-flow shower heads and aerators for your sinks.
- Turn off the water when soaping up your dishes. Wash with hot water, but rinse in cold water, whenever possible.
- Fill the dishwasher before using. Running a half-empty dishwasher wastes a lot of water.
- Raise the thermostat to a comfortable coolness. There is no reason to have to wear a sweater inside your house on a hot summer day.
- Turn off the air conditioner when not at home, or at night when you are asleep.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat which will automatically turn off the ac after you leave the house, at night while you are asleep, and turn on the ac a few minutes before you get home. In this way you will get maximum comfort along with maximum energy savings.