Electricity and Gas for the World!

IDT Energy Offers Choice

Whenever we consider make purchases, let’s say for a new refrigerator, music center, or washing machine, we carefully compare products, prices, service, how well the product meets our needs, and other aspects. Today we are lucky that because of deregulation in New York consumers can make the same evaluation before choosing their energy provider of natural gas and electricity.

At IDT Energy there exist several options available for its customers to choose from so that the service that they choose is perfectly suited to their individual needs. Included in this decision can be whether or not you want your electricity to come from resources which are renewable and sustainable, which we call “buying green” at IDT Energy.

It is important to understand that your utility bill is composed of two separate parts, one for delivery and the other part for supply. In the case of electricity the two components are about equal, or 50% each of the entire bill. For natural gas more of the cost comes from supply, about 75%, with the remaining 25% going towards the delivery fee.

Until deregulation the state government regulated the price of natural gas and electricity, and the utility company was responsible for both components, supply and delivery. Today the two parts are separate and consumers have been empowered to seek out the best deals they can find on supply.

The local utility will continue to deliver your power and gas, read the meter, and provide service for problems that sometimes arise. The utility is where you turn to deal with emergencies, too.  Your bill will also continue to come from the utility, with the price of both the supply and delivery itemized for your convenience.

Just like you would research the best deals, best service and best quality for anything you might purchase, now you can apply your same high standards to purchase your power for your home, and IDT Energy urges you to consider its 20 years of experience supplying thousands of satisfied customers with electricity and natural gas.

Comments are closed